Landscape lighting can transform a property, adding beauty, safety, and functionality to outdoor spaces around the Seattle area. However, designing an effective landscape lighting scheme requires more than just selecting the right outdoor lights. A skilled landscape lighting designer will take into account a variety of factors when choosing the right lights for a client's property, including the property's size, layout, and features, as well as the client's preferences and budget.
Here's an overview of the process our Northwest Outdoor Lighting landscape lighting designers will typically follow when selecting the right lights for a client's property:
- Assess the property: The first step in selecting the right lights for a client's property is to assess the property itself. This includes identifying the size and layout of the property, as well as any features that need to be illuminated, such as trees, shrubs, pathways, and water features.
- Identify the purpose of the lighting: Once the designer has a clear understanding of the property, they will need to identify the purpose of the lighting. This can include providing security, enhancing the property's aesthetic appeal, illuminating specific features, or creating a specific ambiance.
- Choose the right type of lights: Once the designer has identified the purpose of the lighting, they will need to choose the right type of lights for the job. This can include spotlights, path lights, deck lights, and more. Each type of light has its unique features and benefits, and the designer will choose the right ones to achieve the desired result.
- Determine the placement of the lights: Once the designer has chosen the right type of lights, they will need to determine the placement of the lights. This can include determining the height, angle, and direction of each light to achieve the desired effect.
- Choose the right light source: In addition to choosing the right type of lights, the designer will also need to choose the right light source. At Northwest Outdoor Lighting, we only choose LED for longevity and reduced energy bill.
- Consider the client's preferences and budget: Finally, our designer will need to take into account the client's preferences and budget. This can include choosing lights that are energy-efficient, long-lasting, and easy to maintain, as well as lights that fit within the client's budget. How many and if any need to be removed to accommodate the client's needs.
In conclusion, designing an effective landscape lighting scheme requires a skilled designer who can take into account a variety of factors when choosing the right lights for a client's property. By assessing the property, identifying the purpose of the lighting, choosing the right type of lights, determining the placement of the lights, choosing the right light source, and considering the client's preferences and budget, a landscape lighting designer can create a beautiful, functional, and safe outdoor space that meets the client's needs and exceeds their expectations.
At Northwest Outdoor Lighting, we are not a one size fits all service nor to we offer packages. We have felt that our custom design options leave room for the client to make decisions that are best for them without having to fit them into any given box. It should also be noted that we take great care to make sure that our clients are not only getting the best product on the market but that our customer service exceeds their expectations.
To understand more about our process, you can explore more here.